JOB Opportunity with FUSE
- May 2, 2017
- Maria Osende
- 1 Comment
Job Opportunity with the FUSE FESTIVAL
NOTE: Applicants MUST be eligible under the Job Creation Partnership Program. Applicants must be on EI or have been on EI in the past 3 yrs or 5 yrs for maternity/paternity leave.
Hours gained are not EI insurable.
For more information visit: http://www.gov.ns.ca/employmentnovascotia/programs/job-creation-partnerships.asp
Reporting to the Artistic Director and producer the MARKETING ASSISTANT will be working with a small team of culture sector professionals on tasks associated with the inaugural Fuse Festival, a Canada Day dance festival on The Commons in Halifax.
This is a term contract that would run from immediately until July 28.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- working with the Artistic Director on: database management, marketing of upcoming events, artist scheduling, overall coordination responsibilities
- assist the Artistic Director in the copy development of marketing materials
- assist in the researching and writing of communication materials, such as press releases, Master of Ceremony scripts and performer bios, for the festival launch (working in concert with the Fuse Festival Producer), and the period leading up to the Fuse Festival on July 1, 2017
- update/maintain media contact list and work with festival team to proactively pitch ideas for articles; respond to media inquiries in a timely fashion; coordinate interviews with performers, collect and organize bios, images and all relevant festival information
- create, input and oversee all content of the main company website on WordPress
- coordinate and implement proactive social media communication initiatives, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- write and distribute electronic newsletter on an increasingly frequent basis leading up to all Atlantic Flamenco and Fuse Festival related events on Mailchimp
- develop content for public services announcements
- assist AD and festival producer in any administrative capacity when needed with live performances and volunteer functions
Well-versed in social media, strong writing, editing / proofreading skills, verbal and written communications skills. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Event planning experience is an asset. WordPress knowledge is an asset. He/she will also possess excellent computer skills, and ideally be Mac compatible. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign knowledge are an asset. This position also requires occasional weekend and evening work, so good time management and flexibility are a must. Atlantic Flamenco Productions is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidate must have his/her own laptop.
Candidate must we able to work remotely occasionally.
Office locations will vary between MSVU and downtown Dartmouth.
Those meeting the requirements and wishing to apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org